Facilities Maintenance Manager
We are in search of a Facilities Maintenance Manager to lead and direct the efforts of our dedicated maintenance team associated with the daily operation and maintenance of our premier Senior Living and Retirement Community. Our perfect candidate is an energetic person who loves to support others with outstanding customer service. Our leaders guide, train and support their teammates within the cornerstones of their Culture of We, Welcome, Wow, and Laughter. This role requires the ability to balance and manage the needs of residents, staff, daily building maintenance, preventative maintenance and apartment turnovers. Being a Facilities Manager is beyond sitting behind a desk directing the efforts of others – it’s leading by example and working side-by-side with your team to achieve common goals. We are a company who understands and celebrates the value of every employee. This is a full-time exempt, salaried position with insurance and retirement benefits.
- Be customer centric at all times.
- Ensure practices and procedures are highly responsive to meet the needs and requests of residents.
- Provide leadership, direction, training and guidance to the team.
- Help develop and manage the operating budget; track and report variances.
- Establish and implement efficient and effective processes, i.e. works schedules, preventive maintenance lists, etc.
- Be proactive with the maintenance of facilities (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance, carpentry, painting, etc.) to mitigate problems.
- Take every step to ensure the community is safe and comfortable for the residents to call home.
- Work directly with management in scheduling and monitoring vendors.
- Manage department ordering and purchasing, while adhering to a budget.
- Manage additional projects/tasks and other requests as needed.
- Established experience in facilities maintenance, operations and leadership.
- Demonstrated success in effectively supervising teams.
- Adept at leading and developing people, processes, and procedures.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, and be on call should any emergency arise.
- A desire to make a difference in others’ lives every day.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral).
- Solid relationship-building and fostering skills.
- Good computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
We are a company dedicated to creating a quality that older adults might continue to live a life fully engaged and with purpose. The only thing that equals our desire to build community for our residents is to build community with our staff.
The cornerstones of our culture are:
We work every day to ensure that we are not only supporting those key cornerstones but achieving them. For Residents and for Staff. We are a non-smoking campus.
Being a LifeMinded community is what makes Bellewood unique. LifeMinded means living engaged and living with purpose. It's an approach we've practiced since we opened in 1986. Based on the "Seven Dimensions of Wellness" our LifeMinded approach helps every Bellewood resident create their own personalized program for living a full, satisfying and active life - often a more active life - regardless of age. We also find it applies to staff as well. A job is a way to make money, a LifeMinded career is a way to make money while leading a more fulfilling and engaged life - one with a purpose. If this sounds like what you're looking for we'd love to meet you.
How to Apply
The best way to apply is to stop by in person. If that isn't practical for you, submit your resume to Careers@Bellewood.com or by snail mail to 3710 Providence Point Drive S.E., Issaquah, Washington 98029. We look forward to meeting you.